HIDDEN TREASURES
By Tessa Harvey
"Matthew, I'm sorry. Please don't go. That man is not my boyfriend. He as even imitating my friend's accent to upset me."
The young doctor smiled. "It is half an hour before my shift. How about a coffee in the hospital cafeteria? As I am still on call, I have to stay nearby."
When they had shared a big piece of chocolate and a warm drink, Matthew pushed his chair back and asked "Could you explain, Jess, or is it too painful?"
Jess brushed some crumbs away, stalling for time. "I told Alice he was fine at first, gentlemanly. But soon he was very controlling. He seemed to know how to press my upset buttons. Just now he even imitated a student called Will."
The doctor was concerned. "He sounds like a stalker, finding out stuff to harm us both. My fiance was suddenly overcome with homesicknes and we had to cancel the wedding." He looked away, trying to hide his pain.
She said it wasn't me. She needed to return to Germany with her children.

Comments
Post a Comment