HIDDEN TREASURES 

By Tessa Harvey


    The scan showed little sign of any major brain trauma. After a few days of observation, Lilla was due to be discharged, but just before that, the police came to find out (now she was coherent), what exactly had happened to her.
    "Well," said Lilla, "I was staying with others at the Y.W.C.A. and one night I was late home from work. Then I heard footsteps behind me."
    Lilla stopped trying to remember. The woman police officer was recording the interview. "Were you alone, apart from hearing the footsteps? Why did you panic?" She spoke firmly, but kindly also.
    "Well," again began Lilla, now joined by Jess, at her request, "it was very dark and when I stopped, so did the sound of someone behind me. Heavy footsteps, then a male voice said, "Wait Jess." Lilla glanced at her twin, "and then I realised perhaps I had finally found my sister. Anyhow I went faster. The man was really angry, threatening to teach me a lesson, even when I told him my name was not Jess. He claimed you belonged to him!" 
    Jess interrupted. "I think the man was Simon Foster who has been stalking me."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog