HIDDEN TREASURES
By Tessa Harvey
Simon had an alibi for the night in question, but he was cautioned nonetheless. The police said nothing of this to the young woman involved currently, but he had already come to police attention for similar behaviours in the past few years. "We are watching you, Foster! Be advised!"
Over the next few days, Lilla and Jessica spent time together when they were not working. Jess had insisted Lilla stay in their grandparents' house. Lilla had cried. "Why did I never know them?" Jess had suffered terribly when her parents had died, but she had forgotten her sister. Pain had blocked that memory.
Lilla had no idea what had happened. "These grumpy people came to get me from school. I had to call them Aunt and Uncle, but they were strangers. I kept asking about you and mum and dad. All they answered was they would explain when I was older. So I kept thinking you were lost. That's how I hurt my head."
"One day I climbed to the very top of the climbing frame at school. I balanced there, thinking if I look all over them, I will see your car with you in it and mum and dad, and shout and shout, and you would come. Except I fell."

Comments
Post a Comment